[Gambas-user] Interpreter too old: Form1

jbskaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Sun Mar 30 21:54:20 CEST 2008

After reading you two guys responses I know what happened! (BTW thank you for
not getting upset at my rant:) )

I made my binary in the 2.4.1 Gambas IDE- then installed it on a brand new
ubuntu system with only CD-Rom upgrade setting.  It installed version 1 or
either 1.9 and that is why it said the interpretor was too old.

So when I went and installed version 2,4,1 it also installed a missing
library file!  Libffi or something like that I'm going by memory.

Anyway I understand what happened now!  When I distribute my program I have
to provide the warning that they  need to install the 2.4.1 version on their
system to make sure they have the library and interpretor files because a
new Ubuntu most likely has ver 2 and version 1. (that is if I am writing the
program in 2.4.1)

Do I have that correct now?

JB Skaggs