[Gambas-user] Textedit and Spell checking

MaxVK maximvonk at ...626...
Fri Mar 28 20:02:30 CET 2008

Hi there. I'm going in circles trying to do this and Id appreciate any
advice.

I'm using the Textedit control and I need to spell check whatever is being
typed. I managed to write some code for this myself, but its *very* slow,
and only gets slower as words are added to the dictionary. In other words
its useless.

My next attempt was to plug in the Gtk2::Spell Perl module, and although I
got some advice about how to do it, I cant seem to get any further, mainly
because I cant find any documentation for the Spell module itself, and also
because I know absolutely no Perl at all.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction please? I'm at a point now where
its "No spell checker means no Program" and Id hate to just drop it here and
a spell checker is a worth item of code to have.

Regards

Max