[Gambas-user] Comment on split editor 2.99 (build 1164)

Robert Rowe robert.c.rowe at ...626...
Fri Mar 28 02:42:19 CET 2008

Actually Richard is the one that requested it, I just implemented it. I
believe that the misunderstanding was due to the word "split". I think
that he is asking for "Tile Horizontal" and Tile Vertical". These are
old MDI layout styles that were popular on Windows. Everything seems to
be moving away from this layout style to the more modern Tab Strip
layout (which is what Gambas uses, VB.Net does too). The confusion came
from a VB feature. Each editor can be split horizontally in VB with both
split editors sharing the same file. The gambas feature does this but it
also has vertical splitting too. Unless I'm missing something,
implementing "Tile Horizontal" and Tile Vertical" in the workspace
component would be a big job. These do come in handy sometimes though.

Robert Rowe