[Gambas-user] dirchooser runtime refresh button how to reference in code

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Mar 26 13:56:55 CET 2008

On mercredi 26 mars 2008, jbskaggs wrote:
> Thanks to the helpful people here I am nearing completion of the working
> model of my program- all functions are basically running and I need to just
> smooth things out.  Improve the graphics and usabilty etc. One thing I put
> in the other post that Benoit said he would look at.
>
> The second should be simple:
> in ver 2.4 on the dirchooser there is a refresh button that appears at
> runtime.
> How can I run that refresh button automatically via code?
>
> IE after I create a new directory or delete one etc how do I automatically
> get dirchooser to update or refresh it's display?
>
> I tried using the .refresh and that did not do anything.
>
> It is irritating after you delete a directory and it is still in the
> dirchooser list until you press refresh.
>
> JB SKaggs

There is no method for that in DirChooser and FileChooser, whereas there are
in DirView and FileView. This is something I forgot, sorry!

But you can try the following hack:

DIM hObject AS Object

hObject = MyDirChooser.Children[0]
hObject.btnRefresh_Click()