[Gambas-user] Hey the split editor is really cool

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Mar 25 11:14:02 CET 2008

On lundi 24 mars 2008, richard terry wrote:
> Works great rob, thanks (2.99 build 1247).
>
> I know Ive whinged about this before and benoit says it must be my trusty
> old laptop, but is there any any way there could be a config option for the
> fonts on the tabs in the editor, as the text is so so tiny I cannot read it
> in my IDE which is a major pain developing.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard T

There are some solutions to this problem:

- Use a relative font size instead of a fix one. I will commit such a change
soon.

- Force your screen DPI to 96 in the KDE/Gnome font configuration dialog, so
that a 8 points font has a visible height in pixels.

Note that TrueType fonts have usually incorrect dimensions at small font
sizes, i.e. their pixel height is not proportional to their point size
specified in the code, whereas, normally, pixel height = point size * screen
DPI / 72. So even using a relative font size may not give good results, but
it should be readable.

Please tell me if things are better, when I have committed the change.

Benoit Minisini