[Gambas-user] Any way of excluding a control from the tab order?

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Tue Mar 25 05:46:54 CET 2008

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:30:43 pm you wrote:
>    I gotta ask.. why you would want to do this? I mean, if the control
> is  enabled then the user can click on it to use it so why prevent them
> from using the tab key to select it?

Its all around speed of data entry. There may be a control (say a checkbox)
which is rarely used (or perhaps several),  excluding it from the tab order
means yet another key press saved, and quicker progression down a form, not
to mention saving the user the head/facial movements  that go along with it -
maybe a bit subtle if your not used to this sort of thing.

May mean nothing in your environment, but in a data-intensive environment can
add up to many hundreds of saved key movements per day.

Regards

Richard