[Gambas-user] Message Box pops up where? (smaller image)

Richard richard.j.walker at ...247...
Mon Mar 24 15:29:01 CET 2008

On Sunday 23 Mar 2008 13:52, Richard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know I can control the position of my applications' screens because I
> have code which takes the current mouse position as the centre of the
> screen for each starting program. Is it possible to do the same with the
> Gambas System Popup?
>
> regards,
>
> Richard

I think I can see the answer to my problem in respect of the Message popup
"dialog". After looking at the Gambas source for a message box and at the QT
qmessage.h file it seems likely that the necessary XY properties are buried
too deep to be accessed.

The problem now becomes can one write a class which inherits gb.qt.Message
(and presumably the GTK version too)  which can confine a message box to the
boundaries which it defines?

I think perhaps I need to know a bit more about how QT and GTK decide where to
place a message box. Does anyone know?

Richard