[Gambas-user] Message Box pops up where? (smaller image)

Richard richard.j.walker at ...247...
Sun Mar 23 14:52:16 CET 2008

Hi all,
It's a lovely sunny but cold afternoon here in beautiful County Fermanagh but
I have an itch I want to scratch so for now I will just enjoy the view of the
mountains from my window.

My niggling little problem is; How do I control where a Message.xxxx box will
pop up on the screen? This is only a major niggle when I am working on a
wider than normal (4:3) screen. My current screen is 8:3 split over two
monitors. With this arrangement one tends to work in one screen or the other.
The centre of the screen is not much used because of the 3 inches of plastic
slap in the middle of it.

I have a little "tray" application which, from time to time, scans my LAN and
notes what systems are up. It also acts as an "intercom" to allow members of
the family to send quick messages to each other like cries for help or "is
the printer turned on?" - that sort of thing.

I have some message boxes for error reporting, but those are rare. The biggest
pop up position problem is caused by a Menupopup.Popup window. They all share
the problem which is that the popup which needs attention can be over a foot
(30cm) away from where the mouse pointer has just clicked a button (see
attached pic).

I know I can control the position of my applications' screens because I have
code which takes the current mouse position as the centre of the screen for
each starting program. Is it possible to do the same with the Gambas System
Popup?

regards,

Richard

PS to any readers in NZ. What is going on at Napier? I've never seen anything
like it in my life!