[Gambas-user] DrawingArea

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Mar 19 16:29:07 CET 2008

On mercredi 19 mars 2008, David Villalobos Cambronero wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   It is just an opinion.
>
>   Every time I have to do something with DrawingArea I have to set the
> property Cached to TRUE, I have expended two days trying to put gb.report
> working on my proyect, ALL seemed to be OK but the report was not drawed.
> After two days I noted that this property was setted to TRUE on the
> examples then my report works.
>
>   Is not for beenig lazy, but, Can be that property setted to TRUE by
> default? I think it will help Gambas newies ;-) (Like me).
>
>   Any comments?
>
>   Best regards...
>
>   David

There is two ways of using DrawingArea: drawing during its Draw event, or
setting Cached to TRUE and drawing in it directly. I don't see why the first
one would be more difficult than the second one, even for a newbie. But I
know for sure that setting Cached to TRUE use a pixmap buffer that uses
memory, so I prefer Cached being set to FALSE by default.

Benoit Minisini