[Gambas-user] Runtime error for Gambas3

Paul Horechuk horechuk at ...981...
Sun Mar 16 21:03:21 CET 2008

On March 15, 2008 11:16:51 am Paul Horechuk wrote:
> On February 16, 2008 06:24:02 pm Paul Horechuk wrote:
> > Running kubuntu 7.04 64 bit
> > svn trunk 1075
> > I get an immediate error as per the attached screenshot.
> >
> > Where is the default settings file? /usr/local/lib/gb.settings.gambas?
> > How can I correct this?
>
> This error is happening again. This time with svn 1150. The work-around is
> to rm -rf ~/.config/gambas. Of course this "forgets" the last project used.
> It appears that exiting Gambas3 and restarting, is enough to trigger the
> problem. The slight change is that now the error is with settings line #31,
> instead of 20.
> To reproduce, I remove the user config for Gambas, start Gambas, load my
> project, and then quit. Restarting creates the error.

Further information:
There is a line in the gambas3.conf file (line #31 as per the latest
screenshot), that reads:
ShowTipOnStartup=18446744073709551615

If I set this to -1 (true) and start Gambasm The Tip shows. If I leave
the "ShowTipOnStartup" box ticked, the value gets set to the number shown and
I get the error message. If I set it to 0 (zero = false), then everything
works. It looks like an error caused by 64 bit values.

--
-- Paul Horechuk
Think Free