[Gambas-user] Why does gambas do this?

jbskaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Fri Mar 14 21:37:49 CET 2008

Okay I have tracked down what is happening in my program and I don't know why
or what to do about it.

I have a settings file.  When my program runs it writes either "a" or "b" to
the file.  The file saves just fine.

When the program loads (on my first form form_open) it opens the file reads
it and if it reads "b" then it displays a button.

fstart.text=file.Load("theme.txt")
textlabel4.Text=fstart.Text
IF Left$(fstart.Text)="b" THEN

etc etc ....

then problem is when the executable is made:  At the time the executable is
made theme.txt ="a" .

So that now if I run the executable it always says fstart.text="a"
irregardless of what is actually in the theme.txt.

Why is this?

How do I get gambas to read the file and update fstart.text at form_open?

JB SKaggs