[Gambas-user] Upgrade to gambas2-2.3?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Mar 14 21:23:46 CET 2008

On vendredi 14 mars 2008, M0E Lnx wrote:
> I notice there is a lot of development going on with the gambas
> project itself.... I'm using version 2.0 and wondering if I can safely
> upgrade to a later version (2.3 right now) without breaking
> compatibility.
>
> Will my users have to upgrade their runtime package to run my applications?
> Will my code work still in the new versions? or will this be like the
> transition from gambas1 to gambas2?
>
> Please suggest
>
> Regads, M0E

2.x are bug fixes version for the 2.0. There is no new uncompatible feature
added. I.e. a program written with the 2.3 works with the 2.0, unless it is
related to a bug fix.

The only exception at the moment, as I wrote in the 2.3 release message, is
the Application.Protocol property in the gb.web component. I did it for my
job. This is a creator privilege. :-)

Benoit Minisini