[Gambas-user] Can't connect to xampp.mysql

adjie adjie_hea at ...1541...
Fri Mar 14 12:27:49 CET 2008

Hi all,
I'm just trying to install gambas2-2.0.0 on ubuntu from the source. I
have 2 question to ask.
1. In the end of ./configure process, shown gb.qte disabled. But I can
still continue make and make install. What I'm missing ? I have
isntalled all the dependency as on the installation guide.
2. I was installing mysql using xampp. I can connect to mysql using
phpMyAdmin. But I can't connect using gambas. It says "Cannot open
database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'(2)". In xampp the socket is in
"/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock". I had experience this with MySQL
Administrator. In MySQL Administrator there is a configuration to change
the "Connect Using Socket File...". Where is it in gambas ?

Thanks,
adjie