[Gambas-user] Hello and questions

timothy timothy.marshal-nichols at ...247...
Fri Mar 7 08:35:09 CET 2008

This does not appear to be a Gambas problem. If you compile Gambas then
the examples are compiled at install time. So they work.

However I have seen this problem on Linux distro's like Fedora and
Ubuntu. This happens when you install Gambas through their package
manager. These package managers to not set the correct permissions for
the examples.

If you are the only person using the machine it would be better to set
the owner and group of the examples to yourself. Its better to use root
as little as possible. Or copy the examples to somewhere in your home
directory. (You also get the advantage they are not read only, so you
can play with the code.)

Thanks

8-{)} Timothy Marshal-Nichols
<mailto: timothy.marshal-nichols at ...247...>