[Gambas-user] Gambas-user Digest, Vol 22, Issue 14

Audiossis audiossis at ...867...
Wed Mar 5 07:10:17 CET 2008

> On mercredi 5 mars 2008, richard terry wrote:
> > Wondered if there was any intention of going ahead with the split editor
> > concept.
> >
> > As my program is growing in size I'm increasingly finding I need to refer
> > back to a section of code when writing new code or debugging, and having
> > either a vertical or horizontal split would be a boon.
> >
> > Also, a feature which exists in WingIDE which is fantastic is a function
> > key to maximize the editor area, automatically removing (hiding I guess)
> > unwanted bits, in this case, simply linking a function key to code to set
> > the horizontal split layout to ("0,fulllwidth") would work and only a
> > couple of lines of code (I guess).
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Richard
> >

> For the last point, you can try F10 + ESC.
>
> --
> Benoit Minisini

HERE HERE! I'll second that suggestion! Having a split editor would make
life a lot easier!

I currently run on a dual-seat linux setup. I often find that I have to
use the second seat to open a class file or module file in kwrite.
Sometimes I have to open several files in Kate!

The vertical/horizontal split is a good idea, but I'd also like to see
tabbed views as well. Like the way Konquerer works.......

Regards

Ben