[Gambas-user] Installing Gambas2 on PCLinuxOS 2007

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Mar 4 00:42:44 CET 2008

On Monday 03 March 2008 16:04, Shawn McCuan wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are binary packages (i.e.: RPM's) for
> installing Gambas2 on PCLOS?

I haven't seen any, but here's my Mandriva 2007.1 source RPM (PCLOS is
originally based on Mandriva.)

http://www.kudla.org/rpm/gambas2-2.0.0-1rkmdv2007.1.src.rpm

If PCLinuxOS has kept the same package naming scheme, you should be
able to install "rpm-build" and then "rpm --rebuild
gambas2-2.0.0-1rkmdv2007.1.src.rpm" to generate your own binary
packages after 20 or 30 minutes.  (It will tell you to install a
whole bunch of development packages when you run rpm --rebuild the
first time, but it should be fine after that.)

Wish I could be more specific, but I haven't used PCLOS myself.

Rob