[Gambas-user] How to package and distribute our software written in Gambas

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Mon Jun 23 06:45:37 CEST 2008

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:51:55 am jbskaggs wrote:
> After six months I have a package that is nearly finished.
>
> I understand how to make an installation package via Gambas.
>
> What I need though is a one-click means of installing my data directories
> into the correct area on the user's drive.
>
> IE
>
> user.home/wwmkr.
>
> Using linux's archive manager does not give me that option automatically.
> Maybe there is a nice liux packager out there for the data files etc?
>
> Second I need to know how to get the software in front of the people's eyes
> who need it.  How does one distribute a software efficiently and
> effectively?  Recruit alpha and beta testers etc.

Use Me!!

As long as its not too onerus time wise, I'll give it a flogging.

As I'm a total computer klutz,  I can kill anything instantly, so I'd be
surprised if your software would be bug free in my hands. Mail me.

You'll need some sort of error logging though, cause I can't tediously record
everything (but then maybe you are such a good software engineer I won't have
to.

Regards

Richard