[Gambas-user] about compilation of Gambas

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jun 16 17:22:27 CEST 2008

On lundi 16 juin 2008, Dominique SIMONART wrote:
> Thanks Benoit,
> sorry for my evident ignorance!
>
> Benoit Minisini a écrit :
> > On lundi 16 juin 2008, Dominique SIMONART wrote:
> >> Hi everybody,
> >>
> >> I'm not familiar with Linux, know nothing about svn and use OpenSuse
> >> 10.3. I actually use Gambas2 V2.0 and want to uptadate to v2.7 from
> >> trunk, I followed the guide found in the online documentation
> >> (by the way, the name of the repository is not correct in the doc but I
> >> managed to retrieve an old message from this list with the right name)
> >
> > The svn path indicated in the download page of web site are the correct
> > one. But for downloading a specific release, you don't have to read the
> > subversion repository. I generate tar.gz archives that you can download
> > from sourceforge. Links are on the download page too.
>
> So, in order to install the last version I just have to type
> $ svn checkout
> https://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gambas/gambas/branches/2.0
> Right?

Yes, but this is not the "last version", but the "next 2.x version".

> >> I think the downloading was correct and I get a folder 'gambas' with 3
> >> sub-folders: 'branches', 'tags' and 'trunk'.
> >> Here is my first question :
> >> 1)  The Gambas folder is quite big : 1.4 Go, 289139 files and 72558
> >> subfolders.  Is this a normal situation?
> >
> > LOL: you downloaded EVERYTHING! The current development version (3.x),
> > the stable version (2.x), all releases (2.0, 2.1, 2.2... 2.7), all
> > specific branches (temporary modifications made by specific developers).
> > Thanks to you, I know now how much room it takes. :-)
> >
> > The organization is the following:
> >
> > '/branches/2.0' is the next 2.x version.
> > '/trunk' is the current development tree (next 3.0 version)
> > '/tags' contains each release of Gambas.
>
> since I downloaded everything  :-)  :
> 1) I started the compilation in the 'trunk' subfolder. Wich version of
> Gambas could I get at the end?

"trunk" is for the development version, i.e. the next "3.0" version.

> 2) what could be safety deleted?

/trunk, any subdirectoru of /tags and /branches.

> >> With the dependancies,  I did not found : mysql-devel, mysql-shared,
> >> firebird.
> >> Next, I started  ./reconf-all and ./configure -C (some minor options
> >> were discarded here, but nothing important for me)
> >> finally, I started  make  and it ended with the following messages (see
> >> the joined text file) so I did not start the 'make install' process)
> >> 2) What is wrong here?
> >
> > Hmm. Don't know... Which exact versions of qt are installed on your
> > system?
>
> v3.3.8-76.2

Which distribution do you use?

--