[Gambas-user] about compilation of Gambas

Dominique SIMONART simonart.dominique at ...11...
Mon Jun 16 16:30:02 CEST 2008

Thanks Benoit,
sorry for my evident ignorance!

Benoit Minisini a écrit :
> On lundi 16 juin 2008, Dominique SIMONART wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'm not familiar with Linux, know nothing about svn and use OpenSuse 10.3.
>> I actually use Gambas2 V2.0 and want to uptadate to v2.7 from trunk, I
>> followed the guide found in the online documentation
>> (by the way, the name of the repository is not correct in the doc but I
>> managed to retrieve an old message from this list with the right name)
>>

> The svn path indicated in the download page of web site are the correct one.
> But for downloading a specific release, you don't have to read the subversion
> repository. I generate tar.gz archives that you can download from
> sourceforge. Links are on the download page too.

So, in order to install the last version I just have to type
$ svn checkout
https://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gambas/gambas/branches/2.0
Right?
>> I think the downloading was correct and I get a folder 'gambas' with 3
>> sub-folders: 'branches', 'tags' and 'trunk'.
>> Here is my first question :
>> 1)  The Gambas folder is quite big : 1.4 Go, 289139 files and 72558
>> subfolders.  Is this a normal situation?
>>

> LOL: you downloaded EVERYTHING! The current development version (3.x), the
> stable version (2.x), all releases (2.0, 2.1, 2.2... 2.7), all specific
> branches (temporary modifications made by specific developers). Thanks to
> you, I know now how much room it takes. :-)
>
> The organization is the following:
>
> '/branches/2.0' is the next 2.x version.
> '/trunk' is the current development tree (next 3.0 version)
> '/tags' contains each release of Gambas.

since I downloaded everything  :-)  :
1) I started the compilation in the 'trunk' subfolder. Wich version of
Gambas could I get at the end?
2) what could be safety deleted?
>> With the dependancies,  I did not found : mysql-devel, mysql-shared,
>> firebird.
>> Next, I started  ./reconf-all and ./configure -C (some minor options
>> were discarded here, but nothing important for me)
>> finally, I started  make  and it ended with the following messages (see
>> the joined text file) so I did not start the 'make install' process)
>> 2) What is wrong here?
>>

> Hmm. Don't know... Which exact versions of qt are installed on your system?

v3.3.8-76.2

Thanks for you patience!
regards,