[Gambas-user] Gambas does not print specific letter

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Tue Jun 10 12:45:14 CEST 2008

Il lunedì 9 giugno 2008 12:16:42 Rolf-Werner Eilert ha scritto:
> Benoit Minisini schrieb:
> > On vendredi 06 juin 2008, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> >> This is a strange thing affecting Gambas 1 (I have not converted this
> >> app to Gambas 2 yet).
> >>
> >> For an application, there are several forms using the font Palatino. One
> >> of our students is from Turkey, and there are several special letters in
> >> Turkish. In her name, there is a capital S with a cedille under it and a
> >> lowercase i without the dot (to be found under Latin-A). The program
> >> prints into a ps file.
> >>
> >> With this font (others are ok!), the lowercase i without dot is printed
> >> correctly, but the capital S with cedille just disappears. The same font
> >> prints all these letters correctly in other applications like OOo, and
> >> in Gucharmap I can see that it definitely contains these letters. The
> >> temporary ps file does not contain this letter, and of course it won't
> >> be printed then... That means, it doesn't leave the Gambas printing
> >> engine.
> >>
> >> By the way, the capital S thing is C59E in UTF-8, it is saved as such in
> >> the file (I checked it) and thus should print (well, yes it does with
> >> other fonts, just not in Palatino).
> >>
> >> Anyone here had such a problem? Benoit, did the printing engine change
> >> from version 1 to 2, so the problem might go away by converting the
> >> project?
> >>
> >> Thanks for your time!
> >>
> >> Rolf
> >
> > I don't know, just ask Trolltech. Font support in Qt is sometimes
> > strange, so to fix your problem, I can't tell you more than using another
> > font...
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Sorry, it says "Unknown identifier: printer", not "object"
>
> Rolf

Hi,

you have to add to your project the gb.qt.ext component.

Also, look at the Gambas2 local help

gb.qt.ext --> Printer

or online:

http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.qt.ext/printer