[Gambas-user] Datacontrol boxes different height

Ron ron at ...1740...
Thu Jul 17 23:15:51 CEST 2008

Benoit Minisini schreef:
> On jeudi 17 juillet 2008, Ron wrote:
>
>> Benoit Minisini schreef:

>>> OK, it is fixed in revision #1416.
>>>
>>> Note that the default size is not in pixels internally, but in multiple
>>> of Desktop.Scale.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>> Benoit,
>>
>> It seems this annoyance/bug popped up again in rev #1445 (or a rev close
>> to it), or maybe was only partially fixed.
>>
>> A default height datacontrol field (24), linked to a _mysql text
>> unlimited length field_ gives a scrollbar on the right.
>> (even with no text in the field)
>> You have to make it non default height 25 to let this scrollbar dissapear.
>>
>> Gambas 2.7, gb.qt.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ron_2nd
>>

> Unlimited text fields are edited with a TextArea widget with a vertical
> scrollbar. The scrollbar is displayed because a one line TextArea is higher
> than a one line TextBox in QT. So this is not really a bug...
>
> Regards
Benoit,

I guess you are right, it's also a bit silly to have only one line
input, when you can have unlimited text length, not very user friendly.

BTW: Here you can find some screenshots of the project I have been
working on for the past month, in case you are interested what people
build with Gambas. ;-)
DomotiGa Screenshots <http://cyberjunky.nl/domotiga/screenshots>

Regards,
Ron_2nd