[Gambas-user] Datacontrol boxes different height

Ron ron at ...1740...
Thu Jul 17 15:06:22 CEST 2008

Benoit Minisini schreef:
> On jeudi 19 juin 2008, Ron wrote:
>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> a default textbox is 24 pixels heigh.
>>>
>>> a default datacontrol box is 128 pixels heigh, if you resize it to 24 px
>>> with your mouse, the contents doesn't fit properly,
>>> you get a scrollbar when you put some text (one line) in it.
>>>
>>> you have to manually enter 25 px before it fits correctly.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Ron
>>>
>> Note.
>> I forgot to add, this is when the database field name, is type string,
>> unlimited.
>>

> OK, it is fixed in revision #1416.
>
> Note that the default size is not in pixels internally, but in multiple of
> Desktop.Scale.
>
> Regards,

Benoit,

It seems this annoyance/bug popped up again in rev #1445 (or a rev close
to it), or maybe was only partially fixed.

A default height datacontrol field (24), linked to a _mysql text
unlimited length field_ gives a scrollbar on the right.
(even with no text in the field)
You have to make it non default height 25 to let this scrollbar dissapear.

Gambas 2.7, gb.qt.

Regards,
Ron_2nd