[Gambas-user] Compiling stand alone program question

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jul 9 23:55:59 CEST 2008

On lundi 07 juillet 2008, richard terry wrote:
> My question is is it possible/could it be made possible, to compile one
> form into a stand alone program, without compiling the whole project.
>
> Within my complex program, I've a number of effectively stand-alone
> programs, which, could run independantly of the whole program and would be
> useful to have them do so (eg. my drug browser for product information),
> but they also are very useful running as a form stuck to the main program.
>
> However, as when one compiles gambas, one seems to need to compile the
> 'whole lot'
>
> At the moment, to compile part of my program as stand-alone, I have to
> create a new project and I guess import the files via making a symbolic
> link to the original program.
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something, but any comments/advice appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

It's not possible.

But you can run your program with different names (use symbolic links), and
use Application.Args[0] at program startup to choose to run the full program,
or only a specific form.

As the interpreter only loads what it needs from the executable, it will not
make a big difference with having multiple small executables.

Benoit Minisini