[Gambas-user] lpt printer

Scott Castaline hscast at ...407...
Thu Jan 31 16:58:40 CET 2008

Leonardo Miliani wrote:
> gunartha ha scritto:
>
>> yes, my printer set on /dev/lp0  type Epson LX-00
>> and I get a sample as below : I try this sample and when end of data,
>> printer still scroll the paper.
>>

> What does it mean "printer still scroll the paper"?
> If you mean that the printer scrolls the paper until the sheet end, it's
> the normal way of working of the Printer object: you use it as a sheet
> where you design your graphics and write your text. When you terminate
> your job (Draw.End) it is printed, but all the sheet of paper is used.
>

>> How to open/print a file to printer so when end of data  the paper stop/no
>> scroll
>>

> The printer is set to eject the sheet, even you used just a line of the
> paper.

I get the impression that he wants to disable this function. He may have
an app that generates a few lines of text at a time, prints it then will
generate a few more lines later. We used to do this to UNIX servers back
in the 80's and earlier where a system message normally went to the main
console and we wanted to save it in print we would redirect it to a dot
matrix continuous feed printer without the page eject command being sent.