[Gambas-user] Problem making an installation package

ron ronstk at ...239...
Tue Jan 22 17:24:46 CET 2008

On Tuesday 22 January 2008 14:43, javier romero wrote:

> I have The same version Ubuntu gutsy 7.10 and Gambas 2.0.0 and have the same issue when i used the distribution from gutsy http://azores.linex.org/gambas-other/, when i try to make a installation package two kinds of errors is reported:
>
> 1) Only can make the instalation package into the home folder, when i try to make in other folder an error occurs (something about permissions)
>
> and
> 2) the name of the installation package can not contain Upper-case
>
> I desinstall complety the distribution and compiled my self gambas and have the same issues.
>
> Now i can create installation packages only in my home folder and only with lower-case name.
>
> Javier

Just my 2 cents

I see both complains are salsa country based. (i do not know simple other name)

One of the problems _can_ (not must) be the character-set in use for the filesystem.
UTF-8 or ASCII.
Similar problen occurs to FAT filesystem with upper/lowercase and UTF-8 instead iso8159
This links to the uppercase in the debian package names.

Second posible is (k)ubuntu creates folders for user xyz as user:xyz and gruop:xyz
SuSE does it as user:xyz and group:users.
This links to the _permissions_ suggested as problem.

Ron