[Gambas-user] DATABROWSER FAILS TO UPDATE

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jan 22 11:39:49 CET 2008

On mardi 22 janvier 2008, Nx GT-R BOY wrote:
> DATABROWSER FAILS TO UPDATE
>
> Hi, I have a problem with the refresh of the databrowser, what I am doing
> is to ADD a value to a GIVEN record with a function, the function would
> look more complex, so I think is better to write here just the MySQL code:
>
> mysql> update some_table set some = some + 1 where code=1;
>
> I do that from a function that I call from a simple button from my GUI, but
> the DataBrowser doesnt update the value of <some> field.
>
> What I need to do is close the form, and call it again, for the refresh
> takes effect, because the "refresh" button does nothing.
>
> Is there any suggestion to make the "update process" (from GUI) more
> nicely?

You must call manually the DataSource.Refresh() method to reload the data from
the database server.

And you don't have to yell (i.e use upper case) in the subject of your
posts. :-)

Benoit Minisini