[Gambas-user] Documentation glitch with Iconview ?

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Tue Jan 8 21:20:11 CET 2008

Le Tuesday 08 January 2008 21:12:56 Benoit Minisini, vous avez écrit :
> On mardi 8 janvier 2008, Fabien Bodard wrote:

> > > I agree.
> > >
> > > Technically, you can already do 99% of a custom component. Are missing:
> > >
> > > * The possibility to automatically add icons in the IDE toolbar. At the
> > > moment the control icons are stored directly in the IDE source code.
> > >
> > > * The ability to create a binary package of the component.
> >
> > maybe another thing is missing...
> >
> > the ability to have a name space for the comonents...  if custom
> > components are made it reduce the luck to have classes or function
> > conflict...
> >
> > And in the case where we want to 'surclass'<fr> a  class we have juste to
> > give the same namespace.

> I don't want namespaces. I can't stand them. Do real languages have
> namespaces? Not really.
>
> If two components export classes having the same name, there is no conflict
> in Gambas, there is inheritance. If they have the same name, they should
> mean the same thing.

:/
not sure in the case of users components... how to be sure that users not use
a component with another ... that have not reason to be .... i'm not affraid
for the first level developper but for the second level one...