[Gambas-user] The most annoying (lackof) feature of property editor

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Sat Jan 5 12:12:00 CET 2008

Stefano Palmeri ha scritto:
> Alle 23:22, giovedì 3 gennaio 2008, richard terry ha scritto:
>> Observation:
>> =======
>> Lack of heading on the property editor indicating which control it refers
>> to - see the piccies:
>>
>> Reason its a problem
>> ============
>> When working with multiple controls on a form and jumping back and forth to
>> the property editor one 'loses sight' of which control one is working on.
>>
>> This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the properties in the property
>> editor were always those of the object you think you are working on  but
>> there seems to be a little instabiltiy of the IDE e.g sometimes can be
>> difficult to 'unclick' and object which has focus, or one could have been
>> working with an object, move back to the property editor and it has been
>> reset to the properties of another control
>>
>> Check out the comparison between the vb editor pw (with it's heading) and
>> gambas
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Richard
>
> Where's the difference?
>
> A fair comparison shows that the info that VG gives in the top combobox
> are the first two in the Gambas properties. So, just when using Gambas look
> for  the first two properties to see which control you're working on :-)
> ...and Gambas is not VB :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefano

I think that Richard would tell you to pay attention at the fact that VB
has the name of the control at the top of the properties list. So if you
scroll down that list, you always has that info at the top of the
property window, just in case you forget the widget you are working on.

--
Ciao.
Leo.

Web: www.leonardomiliani.com
E-mail: leonardo at ...1237...
Scegli software opensource - Choose opensource software