[Gambas-user] The most annoying (lackof) feature of property editor

ron ronstk at ...239...
Fri Jan 4 16:59:55 CET 2008

On Friday 04 January 2008 11:29, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> Alle 23:22, giovedì 3 gennaio 2008, richard terry ha scritto:
> > Observation:
> > =======
> > Lack of heading on the property editor indicating which control it refers
> > to - see the piccies:
> >
> > Reason its a problem
> > ============
> > When working with multiple controls on a form and jumping back and forth to
> > the property editor one 'loses sight' of which control one is working on.
> >
> > This wouldn't be so much of a problem if the properties in the property
> > editor were always those of the object you think you are working on  but
> > there seems to be a little instabiltiy of the IDE e.g sometimes can be
> > difficult to 'unclick' and object which has focus, or one could have been
> > working with an object, move back to the property editor and it has been
> > reset to the properties of another control
> >
> > Check out the comparison between the vb editor pw (with it's heading) and
> > gambas
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Richard
>
> Where's the difference?
>
> A fair comparison shows that the info that VG gives in the top combobox
> are the first two in the Gambas properties. So, just when using Gambas look
> for  the first two properties to see which control you're working on :-)
> ...and Gambas is not VB :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefano

Yes, they are when you scroll up the things you need.
What ricard wishes is to see in the caption the same as with
VB, the name of the control where the properties belong to.

I find the clipped message as seen in the gambas caption
less informative as the controls name with VB.

Looks to be a image but I have several with (285x10....)
Is it the (285x1024) or (285x100) one ?
Also the project name can be the 'piano' or 'lamethisiano'.

The size can be find by scroll down and the name of the
picture also, so it is a useless caption (centered) this way.

I vote for the VB style as ricard wishes.

Ron 1'st ;=)