[Gambas-user] Gambas 2 - digg and slashdot

manuel viet gambas at ...1828...
Sat Jan 5 01:56:47 CET 2008

Rob Kudla wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 January 2008 22:14, Rob wrote:
>> Well, 12 hours later, it's still pending on slashdot and there's
>> only 1 digg on digg (and it's mine.)  Doesn't fill me with a lot of
>> optimism.
>
> And this afternoon it was finally rejected at Slashdot and the digg
> article only has three diggs.  So I guess the nerd world just doesn't
> care that much about us at this point.

I'd give The Register a go ; they have a big reader base, they're
technology oriented, and they have a special issue for tech news.
As far as I know, they're FOSS friendly too.

The thing is the article won't cut it with them unless they can
find an angle fitting their general style to report the news.
Maybe if someone can bring a real world business case of
gambas use ? Just a thought.

As I read it, the 'article' on the wiki is more or less a list of
"can and cannot", maybe spinning it to be a little more...
sexy would help. ;-)

-----
--
Manuel Viet