[Gambas-user] sudo or gksudo in SHELL?

Maximillian Von Kloisterheim maximvonk at ...626...
Sat Feb 23 13:39:46 CET 2008

Stefano Palmeri wrote:

> I've attached an example.  It shows how to send the password to sudo.
> You have to change the "your_commad_here" in the code.
>
> Stefano

Thanks Stefano, that works a treat. However, Iv asked about this before
(Not in relation to Gambas) and was told that doing this would leave an
unencrypted copy of my password in the .bash-history file.

That's why I was trying to get gksudo to ask me for a password, so the
system is still dealing with the security and I'm simply passing along
the commands.

Failing this as an option, is there a way to force the program itself to
be run only under sudo/gksudo, so that the system asks for the password
before the program runs? (In the same way as I always have to enter my
password before I can open Synaptic for example)

I know this can be done with a command line once the program is compiled
and installed, but can this be done from within the development environment?

Thanks

Max