[Gambas-user] Error on launch of Gambas 3.0

Paul Horechuk horechuk at ...981...
Fri Feb 22 21:14:19 CET 2008

On February 22, 2008, 2020 wrote:
> Hello folk,
>
> 1): I installed the development packages, but I can not resolved the
> disabled component gb.qte, any ideas.

> THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:
> - gb.qte
I've found that the QT Embedded functions are not what I normally use. These
are usually if you develop for handhelds and phones.

> 2): After the installation I ran gambas3, unexpected error;
>
> Settings.Load.59: Syntax error in settings file at line #20: Type
> mismatch: wanted Integer, got String instead
> 0: Settings.Load.59
> 1: Settings._new.97
> 2: Project.Main.143

I had the exact same error last week. The best I could tell, it was an older
version of the settings file. It didn't get replaced on the reinstall. I
ended up doing:
rm -rf /usr/local/share/gambas3
rm -rf /usr/local/lib/gambas3
rm -rf ~/.config/gambas

The last one is the user environment as in /home/$USER/.config/gambas.
One of these was for a prior version. Following this, a make install gave me
a working system.

My environment was Kubuntu 7.04 64bit.

--
Paul Horechuk