[Gambas-user] sudo or gksudo in SHELL?

Maximillian Von Kloisterheim maximvonk at ...626...
Fri Feb 22 17:55:13 CET 2008

José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> do you need a graphic interface? in that case you'll have to use shell "gksu
> \"chown... \" .. "
> but if you don't need the graphic interface you can use sudo directly. Take
> a look at "man sudo" and you'll know a lot of different options to do it.
> Regards.
>
> José L:

Thanks José, the command works just fine when I type the password into
the debug pane, but this is one of the reasons I was trying to use
gksudo: To get a graphical password request for me to type into.

When the program is compiled there will be no debug pane to type into so
I need something else.

For example, is there some way I can type my password into my own
program or is there another way to use sudo from SHELL?

Regards

Max