[Gambas-user] sudo or gksudo in SHELL?

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...626...
Fri Feb 22 15:48:28 CET 2008

2008/2/22, MaxVK <maximvonk at ...626...>:

> Hi there. I'm trying to set the permissions on a folder (Or a file), but
> of
> course I need to use sudo or gksudo. However, this doesn't seem to work,
> and
> when I try to make the call to SHELL I simply get the gksudo help show up
> in
> the debug pane.

¿of course? That's a decision of Ubuntu makers and Ubuntu's the only
distribution that does things that way. So it's not "of course", it's
"because of" a non-sense decision in "only a distribution"

I'm trying to do something like this (No exactly since I'm on the wrong
> computer at the moment)
>
> SHELL "gksudo chown -R root " & TEXDIR.Text

do you need a graphic interface? in that case you'll have to use shell "gksu
but if you don't need the graphic interface you can use sudo directly. Take
a look at "man sudo" and you'll know a lot of different options to do it.

Regards.

José L: