[Gambas-user] Untranslated Strings (in a executable)

Nx GT-R BOY nxgtrturbo at ...626...
Tue Feb 12 16:26:57 CET 2008

> Untranslated Strings
>
> Hi, I have a question about Project translation.
>
> When I develop my app I write everything without notice about the
language,
> so now, I want to translate it to English, everything works perfect IN
> ENGLISH, but what about all my untranslated strings?
>
> I mean when I create my "executable" I open it from my console with just
> works perfect, but whats the syntax to leave everything untranslated?
>

>Read this mail from Benoit:
>The actual algorithm is the following:
>1) The contents of the LC_ALL environment variable is taken.
>2) If LC_ALL is void, then the contents of the LANG environment variable is
>taken.
>3) If LANG is void, then the language is set to "en_US".
>4) The associated translation file is loaded.
>5) If no associated file is found, and if the language has the "xx_YY"
form,
>then the translation associated with the language "xx", without the country
>part "_YY", is loaded.
>6) If no translation file can be found, then no string is translated.

>Note that the translation file cannot be loaded if the associated glibc
locale
>files are not installed on the system.

>For example, on my french Mandriva, I have to install the "locale-es"
package
>to be able to run the IDE in spanish.

>Regards,
>--
>Benoit Minisini

Yes I read that before, I understand the points number 1 to 5, but, what
about point 6 in a executable?, I have my project already released in a DEB
package, so I would like to have ONE SINGLE DEB to install my app in both
languages, so I was wonder if theres a way to tell the gambas environment no
to translate the app even when theres the translation-file and translate the
app ONLY when the user wants.

I think the problem is that the gambas environment takes English file (if
present) as the default language (if not you don't set the language wanted),
would be better to take Untranslated string if no-language set.

I mean
To run my app in English I type: ./<app_name>
(since I don't need to set the Lang variable)

Then, since all my Untranslated string are in Spanish I would like to run
the app in the same way, something like:
LANG = no_translate (I don't know I am just guessing)
then
./<app_name>

Thanks in advance
--