[Gambas-user] classic asp and vbscript compatibility

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Feb 11 23:16:34 CET 2008

On Monday 11 February 2008 13:34, Laxminarayan AB wrote:
> Code-folding can be done temporarily from another "established" IDE
> or editor with gambas2 syntax highlighting - both on windows and
> linux. In that way, code can be written comfortably and then tested
> via gambas2 IDE. Although this sounds like riding two horses at
> once, it is not as impractical as it may sound.

I have often written Gambas code in emacs, leafpad or kate.  I found a
visual-basic-mode.el file years ago for emacs that works more or less
for Gambas highlighting, and that could probably be modified to
create a gambas-mode.  In kate, the MonoBasic highlighting (which I
assume is meant for VB.NET) seems to work okay as well.

I usually work in the IDE (especially when I have forms to design) but
it's great to be able to fire up my choice of editor, write code and
go "gbc2", "gbx2" when I just want to make some changes to a project.

Rob