[Gambas-user] bug or normal when Upper$ a textbox text?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Feb 8 13:25:59 CET 2008

On vendredi 8 février 2008, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> Hi, Benoit.
>
> I noticed this behaviour  using Upper$.
>
> I've attached a little example to explain better.
>
> To reproduce:
>
> 1) Run the example;
> 2) in the textbox labelled bad type: aaaa (it becomes AAAA)
> 3) move the cursor on second A and type b
>
> here's strange: b becomes B (that's right) but the cursor moves
> at the end of the text (that's bad, for me :-) ).
>
> It would be better that the cursor stays
> in the position where it was before the Upper function was called.
>
> Do the same in textbox labelled good to see what I expect.
>
> Bye,
>
> Stefano

If you reassign the Text property of a TextBox, the cursor goes to the end.
Inserting text works as if you did it by hand. So you have to do what you did
for your second TextBox.

Benoit Minisini