[Gambas-user] FreeBSD changes

Paul Horechuk horechuk at ...981...
Wed Feb 6 14:45:52 CET 2008

On February 4, 2008, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On lundi 4 février 2008, Paul Horechuk wrote:
> > I've downloaded the svn for the 2.0.5 trunk. (version 1057).
> > I'm using FreeBSD 6.2 on i386. The reconf-all did the usual warnings
> > abour underquoting. I'm not worrying about that. configure -C did pose
> > a problem. It complained about several components that would not be
> > included. The important ones, for now, are gb.qt and gb.qt.kde. Looking
> > through the configure.ac files, I find that there is a line where it
> > searches for libqt-mt.so.3, but /usr/local/lib is not in the search
> > path. This is the standard path for FreeBSD. I tried to add this to the
> > search path, but it may have failed on another similar search. Is there
> > a better place to put this?

> > have /usr/local/lib/libqt-mt.so.3, /usr/local/lib/GL/gl.h,
> > /usr/local/lib/GL/glu.h, etc.
>
> I will add the missing paths to the search list.
>
> Then you should send me a full list of all directories that are not in
> the search list of each component configure.ac file, so that I can fix
> them all.

I've attempted to try fixing the qt component first...

I added the following paths to the GB_FIND function for the referenced
files.
qb.qt:
qptrlist.h		/usr/local/include
libqt-mt.so.3	/usr/local/lib
gl.h		/usr/local/include/GL
glu.h		/usr/local/include/GL
libGL.so		/usr/local/lib
libGLU.so	/usr/local/lib

There is also a problem with finding the qt moc compiler, as in:
checking for QT meta-object compiler... no
configure: WARNING: QT moc compiler not found. Try --with-moc option.
configure: WARNING: *** QT component is disabled
configure: WARNING: *** QT OpenGL component is disabled

moc is located in /usr/local/bin

I made this warning go away by
using ./configure -C --with-moc=/usr/local/bin

I still get failures due to missing ac_nonexistent.h, as in:

configure:3944: gcc -E  conftest.c
conftest.c:14:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:3950: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""