[Gambas-user] Strange second instance that never opens

MaxVK maximvonk at ...626...
Tue Feb 5 21:08:31 CET 2008

Ron Onstenk wrote:

> check /home/{user}/.kde/shared/menu ??
> The distribution system/users wide is installed in /usr/share/...
> The users own alterations are stored in /home/{user}/.kde/share/...
> These overides the ones in /usr/share/...
>
> So to store the icon for all users you should as root install
> in the /usr/share/... path or
> for every user in the /home/{user}/.kde/share/... path
>
> Ron

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Iv been around my system both manually and with a search, and I am still
only able to find the menu item that was installed by the program. This
shows as a plain text file which Iv included below. Iv even gone so far as
to open an item in an Ubuntu forum to see if anyone else knows where these
files might be stored, but so far no-one seems to have any idea!

For all the good it will do without something to compare it to, here is the
content of the file that was installed by the program:

?package(controlaula):needs="X11" section "Apps/Development/Other"\
title="Source Bank"\
command="/usr/bin/sourcebank.gambas"\
icon="/usr/share/pixmaps/sourcebank.png"

I'm actually wondering if the newly created icons might be accessing this
file rather than creating anything for themselves. Anyway, the (apparent)
problem remains with the second instance appearing when I use the menu item
that was created by program installation. No matter how many times I
manually create an icon for the program, there is no second instance.

Cheers

Max