[Gambas-user] Please work on documentation

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Feb 1 14:00:09 CET 2008

On vendredi 1 février 2008, Leonardo Miliani wrote:
> I would ask the developing team to work on documentation before to go
> straight with Gambas3... please...
>
> One of the things that makes a software a _good_ software is
> documentation. A lot of users ask in this mailing list for the same
> thing: good docs.
> At the moment, the documentations laks in a very lot of points: things
> are not documentated, links are broken, some docs are old etc...
>
> I would suggest to stop development of Gambas for a couple of weeks and
> go completing the docs.
> Please please....

You are right, but please please be more precise, otherwise your remark is
useless.

I have not enough time to do all the developments I want on Gambas.
Consequently I don't have the time to write more documentation. I just try to
document the language and all the classes I wrote, and tell other developers
to document their classes, even if they usually, hem, forget to do that.

But even with all classes documented, you get mainly a reference
documentation, not a documentation that will explain you *how* to use all
these classes. So many people won't be satisfied anyway.

Maybe your prayer will improve the situation? :-)

Benoit Minisini