[Gambas-user] Web application - CURL and Cookies?

birchy pokerbirch at ...1601...
Tue Dec 30 21:31:57 CET 2008

Benoit Minisini wrote:
> Maybe if you explain precisely what you need I could give you some advice?

Hi, sorry for the delay, i have been busy with other things. I now have a
number of questions as i have been using a Python binding of CURL called
PyCurl...

1) Does Gambas implement the libcurl library or does it use curl via a
command prompt?

2) I have still not found a satisfactory HTML parsing library because many
of the values i want to extract are within JavaScript tags. Many people
suggest using BeautifulSoup, but i don't know if i can use this within
Gambas?? I can parse the document manually using string functions but it can
get quite ugly. I have read that Perl has a Tokenizer library which may be
useful for my purposes. My basic requirement is to be able to extract
specific sections of html which i can then parse manually. For instance,
lets say we have a table in our html, and it is the first one:

What i would like to do is have a function something like: myString =
GetTable(0), which would return a string containing all of the above text. I
think this is how a Tokenizer works, though i'm not sure? Do you have any
suggestions other than using string functions?