[Gambas-user] Problem with MySQL LONGTEXT field type

Luigi Carlotto md9327 at ...120...
Mon Dec 22 21:41:14 CET 2008

Il giorno lun, 22/12/2008 alle 20.51 +0100, Luigi Carlotto ha scritto:

> Il giorno lun, 22/12/2008 alle 20.13 +0100, Luigi Carlotto ha scritto:
>
> > It pardons me, but the table in object is not part of mine database,
> > but of the same motor of MySQL.
> > The fact that is complete with the data, or without data, is not the
> > true problem.
> > My function reads the content of this table in order to determine
> > the structure of a database, and not the data.
> > The data contained in this table, come inserted automatically from
> > the motor of MySQL, when they come created objects in the database.
> >
> > In the normal situation, the table contains the information
> > approximately the structure of the objects that MySQL creates of
> > default, when it comes created database any.
> > The table “routines” is of property of the “information_schema”
> > schema, that it is of property of MySQL, and on which writing
> > operations cannot be made, but only of reading.
> > The same library of Gambas2, uses this table for populate the
> > objects “Table”, “Field”, etc
> >
> > To this point, it still pardons me, I I do not believe that to send
> > the dump of this table he is of great usefullness since, if an
> > installation of MySQL is had, it is possible to verify the problem
> > directly.
> > As creed of to have written, the problem does not seem that or
> > caused from the reading of the field, but its maintenance in memory,
> > if managed from a complex application… This, obviously, is only a
> > hypothesis…
> >
> > Thanks to you for the patience!
>

> In attached the dump of the database of test.
> A table is present only...
>
> Thanks

The dump it contains a single object of the database of test, a table,
and only little records.
As I have said, my application does not use the content of the table,
but it gains its structure from the tables of system of MySQL.
My application uses the structure of the database in order to represent
in graphical way the layout of the database, the data is not useful to
such scope.

In order to make this operation, it is connected to the database and,
through the system tables, it gains the information of the structure of
the database.
The application can be connected to the types of database: PostgreSQL,
MySQL and SQLite.
Various from PostgreSQL, some tables of MySQL use fields of type
longtext (blob), for which it is necessary to read these fields, for
being able to determine, as an example: name of the field, type,
dimensions, COMMENT, etc

This happens in the same way with bookcases of Gambas? I believe thus
that or, at least from the reading of the code source. Also phpPgAdmin
(PHP) executes query on these tables of system, in order to represent
the objects contained in the database; same thing in phpMyAdmin.