[Gambas-user] Problem with MySQL LONGTEXT field type

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Dec 22 20:56:23 CET 2008

On lundi 22 décembre 2008, Luigi Carlotto wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 22/12/2008 alle 20.13 +0100, Luigi Carlotto ha scritto:
> > It pardons me, but the table in object is not part of mine database,
> > but of the same motor of MySQL.
> > The fact that is complete with the data, or without data, is not the
> > true problem.
> > My function reads the content of this table in order to determine the
> > structure of a database, and not the data.
> > The data contained in this table, come inserted automatically from the
> > motor of MySQL, when they come created objects in the database.
> >
> > In the normal situation, the table contains the information
> > approximately the structure of the objects that MySQL creates of
> > default, when it comes created database any.
> > The table “routines” is of property of the “information_schema”
> > schema, that it is of property of MySQL, and on which writing
> > operations cannot be made, but only of reading.
> > The same library of Gambas2, uses this table for populate the objects
> > “Table”, “Field”, etc
> >
> > To this point, it still pardons me, I I do not believe that to send
> > the dump of this table he is of great usefullness since, if an
> > installation of MySQL is had, it is possible to verify the problem
> > directly.
> > As creed of to have written, the problem does not seem that or caused
> > from the reading of the field, but its maintenance in memory, if
> > managed from a complex application… This, obviously, is only a
> > hypothesis…
> >
> > Thanks to you for the patience!
>
> In attached the dump of the database of test.
> A table is present only...
>
> Thanks

There is nothing that fills the ROUTINE table, so I think something is missing
in the dump file.

I guess that the ROUTINE table is indirectly filled by MySQL user-defined
database functions, isn't it?

--
Benoit Minisini