[Gambas-user] Problem with MySQL LONGTEXT field type

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Dec 21 17:15:09 CET 2008

On dimanche 21 décembre 2008, Luigi Carlotto wrote:
> In reality, in my application, use the logons only for operations of
> reading of the information of the structure of the database, since the
> application is a program for the design of database (es. ErWIN, Oracle
> Designer, etc).
>
> The query they come executed on the system tables, like in the following
> example:
>
>   DIM sql AS String = ""
>   sql &= "SELECT specific_name"
>   sql &= "     , routine_catalog"
>   sql &= "     , routine_schema"
>   sql &= "     , routine_name"
>   sql &= "     , routine_type"
>   sql &= "     , dtd_identifier"
>   sql &= "     , routine_body"
>   sql &= "     , routine_definition"
>   sql &= "     , external_name"
>   sql &= "     , external_language"
>   sql &= "     , parameter_style"
>   sql &= "     , is_deterministic"
>   sql &= "     , sql_data_access"
>   sql &= "     , sql_path"
>   sql &= "     , security_type"
>   sql &= "     , created"
>   sql &= "     , last_altered"
>   sql &= "     , sql_mode"
>   sql &= "     , routine_comment"
>   sql &= "     , definer"
>   sql &= "  FROM information_schema.routines"
>   sql &= " WHERE routine_name = '" & name & "'"
>   sql &= "   AND routine_schema = '" & schema & "'"
>
> The table “information_schema.routines” ago part of the tables of system
> of MySQL, and the field “routine_definition” is a type field “longtext”.
> In the query other fields of the same type are present also, and also
> these are been involved in the problem.
> For this reason I cannot supply given, because these come managed
> directly from MySQL, and depend from the situation current present in
> the database, and initially the table in issue single filler relative
> information to the objects of the database as soon as created.

Knowing that some fields work and other don't is not really helpful.

Just send me a SQL dump of the database, without the data: the
information_schema table will then be recreated automatically and filled with
the same information. Logically...

Benoit Minisini