[Gambas-user] Problem with MySQL LONGTEXT field type

Luigi Carlotto md9327 at ...120...
Sun Dec 21 17:09:43 CET 2008

In reality, in my application, use the logons only for operations of
reading of the information of the structure of the database, since the
application is a program for the design of database (es. ErWIN, Oracle
Designer, etc).

The query they come executed on the system tables, like in the following
example:

  DIM sql AS String = ""
  sql &= "SELECT specific_name"
  sql &= "     , routine_catalog"
  sql &= "     , routine_schema"
  sql &= "     , routine_name"
  sql &= "     , routine_type"
  sql &= "     , dtd_identifier"
  sql &= "     , routine_body"
  sql &= "     , routine_definition"
  sql &= "     , external_name"
  sql &= "     , external_language"
  sql &= "     , parameter_style"
  sql &= "     , is_deterministic"
  sql &= "     , sql_data_access"
  sql &= "     , sql_path"
  sql &= "     , security_type"
  sql &= "     , created"
  sql &= "     , last_altered"
  sql &= "     , sql_mode"
  sql &= "     , routine_comment"
  sql &= "     , definer"
  sql &= "  FROM information_schema.routines"
  sql &= " WHERE routine_name = '" & name & "'"
  sql &= "   AND routine_schema = '" & schema & "'"

The table “information_schema.routines” ago part of the tables of system
of MySQL, and the field “routine_definition” is a type field “longtext”.
In the query other fields of the same type are present also, and also
these are been involved in the problem.
For this reason I cannot supply given, because these come managed
directly from MySQL, and depend from the situation current present in
the database, and initially the table in issue single filler relative
information to the objects of the database as soon as created.