[Gambas-user] Hiding FMain not possible?

Toni arosa at ...2015...
Wed Dec 10 16:10:57 CET 2008

Hi Rolf,
I needed something similar and what I did is creating a new module and
setting it as the "startup class", then in order to prevent the
application ending straightly (after creating/showing the trayicon), I
used Fmain "Persistent" property to force the application stay loaded...
so in your case, even if there is a bug ¿? in your version of KDE, it
will not be showing  the form and so, there will be no need to hide it.
(may be it is not the best solution, but it works for me!)

Here is a sample of what you could code this startup module:

PUBLIC FUNCTION Main() AS Boolean

  DIM tryicn AS TrayIcon
  tryicn = NEW TrayIcon AS "tryicn"
  tryicn.Show()
  tryicn.Visible = TRUE
  tryicn.Picture = Picture["agendaxml.png"]
  FMain.Persistent = TRUE

END
PUBLIC SUB tryicn_dblclick()

  FMain.Persistent = FALSE