[Gambas-user] GAMBAS Suggestions

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Sun Dec 7 21:38:59 CET 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 06:27:53 am nkoch22 at ...626... wrote:
> Gambas Community,
>
> I find it curious that such a great piece of software doesn't have a better
> updated website and a bug/tracking system.

I think the problem is it's such great software and so rewarding to use that
we all just beaver away programming!!!!

Having said that I agree.

I think a great place to start would be better examples for beginners, with a
demo like the wxPython demo which shows at a very basic level how to use all
the controls. I've been collecting bits of code in the hope that this would
one day come to pass.

We could all contribute a small part if someone could oversee it.

Unfortunately like most people of the planet I suspect that many of us work
inoordinate hours (I'm in general practice in Australia - get to work 7:30am,
leave to go home at 6pm, on call 24/24 7/7, and that sort of stuff combined
with the that that many of us are enthusiastic amateurs rather than trained
seasoned programmers makes it difficult.

Regards

Richard