[Gambas-user] Trumpets please!

Werner wdahn at ...1000...
Sun Dec 7 13:27:57 CET 2008

charlesg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gambas 2.9.0 is on the coverdisk of my favourite Linux mag (Linux Format
> LXF114 Jan 09) again. Some very nice comments in the magazine as well. Such
> as "...has blossomed into one of the finest development environments in the
> free software world - the Gambas team certainly has a lot to be proud of."
>
> Also "Gambas is, by a huge margin, the easiest way to dip your toe into open
> source coding, and we simply can't recommend it enough."
>
> All thoroughly deserved of course.

In the same vein: Gambas has been the IT tool of choice for the annual
Hebe Haven Yacht Club 24 Hour Dinghy Charity Race. It is used for lap
counting, race publishing and results calculations ever since version 1.0.9.
This years' takings were 115,000US$, over the last few years totaling
around 500,000US$.

The proceeds go to local charities such as the Children's Cancer Foundation.
http://www.hhyc.org.hk/Photo%20Gallery/Yachting/Sponsorship%20Proposal%20-%2024hr_21%20Apr%202008.pdf

Thank you, Benoit for an outstanding job.

Regards,
Werner