[Gambas-user] Nice book of Gambas

admin at ...1956... admin at ...1956...
Sun Aug 31 23:16:07 CEST 2008

Quoting Jason Hackney <jshackney at ...626...>:

> First of all, I bought this book. Mr. Rittinghouse obviously worked
> very hard on it and I felt he deserves a little something for his
> effort.
>
> Does anyone know if Mr. Rittinghouse plans on releasing an updated
> version of this book? There are inconsistencies, errors, and just
> plain outdated information throughout the current version.
>
> Just two examples:
>
> 1) There are some details omitted (or just not well clarified for a
> beginner) in the chapter regarding drawing.
> 2) The CASE/SELECT information could be more complete.
>
> <HINT> I'd really, REALLY like to see some sort of reference (I know,
> that would be a book in itself!!) </HINT>
>
> Otherwise, it's a decent book (I've been using it primarily as a
> reference). I'd love to help make it better. I have a knack for
> finding mundane nuggets of goodness that can be cleaned up.
>
> Jason

Sounds like a prime candidate for a Wiki project. ;-)

> p.s. John, if you're out there, I'm serious about the offer to help.

Thanks !

I didn't want to be a pest here. I think the www.AllBasic.Info site is
maturing quickly. (almost a month old) I wish you guys would show some
of your stuff over there and knock some socks off with Gambas. You
already have the HotBasic Linux guru hooked. ;-)

John