[Gambas-user] Nice book of Gambas

Jason Hackney jshackney at ...626...
Sun Aug 31 21:15:14 CEST 2008

First of all, I bought this book. Mr. Rittinghouse obviously worked
very hard on it and I felt he deserves a little something for his
effort.

Does anyone know if Mr. Rittinghouse plans on releasing an updated
version of this book? There are inconsistencies, errors, and just
plain outdated information throughout the current version.

Just two examples:

1) There are some details omitted (or just not well clarified for a
beginner) in the chapter regarding drawing.
2) The CASE/SELECT information could be more complete.

<HINT> I'd really, REALLY like to see some sort of reference (I know,
that would be a book in itself!!) </HINT>

Otherwise, it's a decent book (I've been using it primarily as a
reference). I'd love to help make it better. I have a knack for
finding mundane nuggets of goodness that can be cleaned up.

Jason

p.s. John, if you're out there, I'm serious about the offer to help.